Monday, December 28, 2015

December 27- Come Sail Away!

December 27-Come Sail Away

It's sail day #1! 

Thom and I slept in and then worked out...nothing super exciting there. 

Mom enjoyed her birthday gift from Dad, a massage at the Spa. She said it was very relaxing.  

I think everyone has just been using today as a relax day. I've seen Ken and Margaret in the pool, the boys enjoyed some shuffleboard, and I sure enjoyed sleeping in!

We enjoyed lunch at the buffet while Drew went to an art auction.

At 2:30, Anne, Mary Kay, Drew and I did the wine tasting. We had four wines with cheeses. They were from a winery called Lafite. It was very enjoyable. This wine is very special because they have a special contract with Royal Caribbean. You cannot even order it off the menu here, only at the wine tasting. 

Tonight was formal night on the boat. For dinner I had a shrimp ravioli with a chicken gnocchi appetizer.  For dessert I tried a chocolate soufflé, a chocolate sensation mousse, and lemon meringue pie.  All were very good. We got our tables placed together so now we are one large table. It is very nice. 

After dinner we went to the magician show, Puck. He was on America's Got Talent.  He did some interesting tricks.  We sat with Owen, Nate, Ken, Margaret, Ellen, and Mom.  Then we made our way to karaoke.  

Ken sang "The Boxer" by Simon and Garfunkel.  Thom sang "Take it Easy" by the Eagles. Both were very good. It was a really fun night at karaoke.  I think it is becoming a bit of a tradition for us. I know they are already planning what they might be doing tomorrow night

After karaoke, Ellen, Thom, Drew, Nate, and I went to the Voyager's Lounge which is on the top floor above the smoke stack pipe (I think).  It was a dance club.  The DJ played some great dancing tunes.  

The boat was rather rocky today.  We definitely could feel it moving. Even the crew commented on how rough it was.  

Tomorrow, Roatan, Honduras!


No comments:

Post a Comment